Forum / Gaming Discussion / **OFFICIAL** Steam Christmas Sale 2010!

**OFFICIAL** Steam Christmas Sale 2010!

TheFinisher wrote:
GTA is pretty bad.

TheFinisher wrote:
GTA is pretty bad.

TheFinisher wrote:
Yeah, I have played Saints Row, I played it on 360. It's a fucking terrible game. Worse than GTA in my opinion, and GTA is pretty bad.

ಠ_ಠ

I think I found the problem.

Realized that although I have been somewhat disappointed with the games on sale so far, I realized there is still 8 DAYS left of this. :megusta:

GTA is just another one of those games for nu-gamer bros.

TheFinisher wrote:
GTA is just another one of those games for nu-gamer bros.

TheFinisher wrote:
GTA is pretty bad.

Killing Floor is only $4.99 today, if you dont have it GET IT

The day weve all been waiting for! Mount and Blade: Warband goes on sale for $6
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48700/

Get it, seriously. Its only $6, thats less than seeing a movie which only provides you with 2 hrs of entertainment. Its a great game.

As our bro Adelon said on steam:

This is essentially a medieval combat simulator with two different style game modes.

Single player consists of a long sandbox campaign where you start as a lone hero/soldier who recruits other troops from various towns and eventually becomes allied with a kingdom and goes on to things like sieging and defending castles, large scale open field warfare, and other fun things.

Multiplayer is essentially a medieval Counterstrike, with different factions and gameplay types involved in things like standard death matches, siege/defending castles, and other battles.

While the graphics are dated, the combat system is pretty deep and I've sunk lots of time into this game and had a blast, so you should check it out!

NOTE: Warband is pretty much just an expanded/better version of the original M&B, so there's no reason to own the original game if you own Warband, however, the addition of multiplayer makes it a must-buy if you only own the first!

Satros wrote:
The day weve all been waiting for! Mount and Blade: Warband goes on sale for $6
http://store.steampowered.com/app/48700/

Get it, seriously. Its only $6, thats less than seeing a movie which only provides you with 2 hrs of entertainment. Its a great game.

As our bro Adelon said on steam:

This is essentially a medieval combat simulator with two different style game modes.

Single player consists of a long sandbox campaign where you start as a lone hero/soldier who recruits other troops from various towns and eventually becomes allied with a kingdom and goes on to things like sieging and defending castles, large scale open field warfare, and other fun things.

Multiplayer is essentially a medieval Counterstrike, with different factions and gameplay types involved in things like standard death matches, siege/defending castles, and other battles.

While the graphics are dated, the combat system is pretty deep and I've sunk lots of time into this game and had a blast, so you should check it out!

NOTE: Warband is pretty much just an expanded/better version of the original M&B, so there's no reason to own the original game if you own Warband, however, the addition of multiplayer makes it a must-buy if you only own the first!

Ffff. I was hoping to have money by the time it came on sale. I'll just buy it full price this summer when I'm drowning in Benjamins
:fuckyea:

le gifted cause I know if you had the money you would of gotten it

Also for those wondering: What does WaR do in this game that makes it fun?

Well you see we don't play this game the ways others do. We go into a server with our matching rasta colored flags (JK 420 CANADIA!) and get the biggest weapons we can find and wear no armor so our guys are naked except for our pants. We then find a small cave, or shack, or melon patch to defend until our whole team is killed and the other team comes looking for us. Once they begin to look for us unsuspecting foes will wander into our cave/etc abd we will proceed to run out and rape them with out massive weapons until the whole team catches on and we go out in a blaze of glory yelling and rushing into a 3 vs 10 fight. In addition we do other lulzy stuff, like forming a spartan shield wall and what not, we usualy end up convincing a few people to the whole team to go along with our antics and theres always the one guy who is mad that hes on our team cause were doing stupid shit. All and all its fun as hell, especially our war clan troll tactics. We usually play every night from midnight to 8am EST

Satros wrote:
le gifted cause I know if you had the money you would of gotten it

Also for those wondering: What does WaR do in this game that makes it fun?

Well you see we don't play this game the ways others do. We go into a server with our matching rasta colored flags (JK 420 CANADIA!) and get the biggest weapons we can find and wear no armor so our guys are naked except for our pants. We then find a small cave, or shack, or melon patch to defend until our whole team is killed and the other team comes looking for us. Once they begin to look for us unsuspecting foes will wander into our cave/etc abd we will proceed to run out and rape them with out massive weapons until the whole team catches on and we go out in a blaze of glory yelling and rushing into a 3 vs 10 fight. In addition we do other lulzy stuff, like forming a spartan shield wall and what not, we usualy end up convincing a few people to the whole team to go along with our antics and theres always the one guy who is mad that hes on our team cause were doing stupid shit. All and all its fun as hell, especially our war clan troll tactics. We usually play every night from midnight to 8am EST

:lolface: :fuckyea: :fuckyea: :fuckyea: :fuckyea: :fuckyea:
I'm in

Lol tonight was fun on it, my favorite part was when we took cecil hostage in the watermelon patch and they were confused

Got Amnesia for $4.80 cause I got penumbra from the humble indie pack.

Also got plants vs zombies for $4.00

How I feel right now:

Got Battlefield Bad Company 2 only to find out that it doesn't work on my computer :rage: . Downloading [glow=red,2,300]BEAT HAZARD[/glow] :fuckyea: as I type this. Also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit even though it wasn't on sale. Went out an bought Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PS3 as well. All with money from Christmas  :troll: .

Squid wrote:
Got Battlefield Bad Company 2 only to find out that it doesn't work on my computer :rage: . Downloading BEAT HAZARD :fuckyea: as I type this. Also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit even though it wasn't on sale. Went out an bought Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PS3 as well. All with money from Christmas  :troll: .

*HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH OMFG FULL OF FAIL*

AmbulanceParty wrote:

Squid wrote:
Got Battlefield Bad Company 2 only to find out that it doesn't work on my computer :rage: . Downloading BEAT HAZARD :fuckyea: as I type this. Also got Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit even though it wasn't on sale. Went out an bought Call of Duty: Black Ops for the PS3 as well. All with money from Christmas  :troll: .

How? Also I just realized that Beat Hazard was the wrong game :rage:

Squid wrote:

AmbulanceParty wrote:

Squid wrote:

1. Your computer must suck since I can run Bad Company 2 on my laptop.
  2. Beat Hazard is horrible.
  3. Buying Hot Pursuit (a racing game) not on sale (for $50).
  4. Black Ops on PS3.
  5. Wasting all your money on those games.

What AmbulanceParty said.

AmbulanceParty wrote:

Squid wrote:

AmbulanceParty wrote:

Squid wrote:

4. Black Ops on PS3.

AmbulanceParty wrote:

Squid wrote:

AmbulanceParty wrote:

Squid wrote:

4. Black Ops on PS3.

You actually fell for it?  :troll:
Anyways:
1. I have all the specs, it just has random flashing squares all across the screen every few seconds.
2. I just realized that it was the wrong game. Also thats YOUR OPINION possibly not mine or others.
3. Because I played the original Hot Pursuit when I was a kid and wanted to see how Criterion screwed up the new one.
4. An XBOX360 gets red ring within 7 months of you owning it, a PS3 doesn't. Also it was $10 cheaper on the PS3.
5. I had several American Express universal gift cards, I also felt like buying stuff.

Wait, are you saying you own both an Xbox 360 AND a PS3?